Dunn is an intimate, college-prep private school for grades 6-12 in Los Olivos, California - about 30 minutes from Santa Barbara. Our peaceful campus, caring faculty and intimate classes create a magical learning environment for students.
Boarding and Day
- Dunn offers a boarding option starting in 8th grade.
- Transportation provided A.M. and P.M. from Santa Barbara
- 100% of students are admitted to selective 4-year universities
- Comprehensive college counseling program, starting in grade 9
- Workshops, college application panels, visits and college campus tours
Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Service. Community service traditions like Day of Caring.
- Passport. Three international trips each year.
- Innovation. Lean LaunchPad elective class for rapid start-ups.
- Outdoors. Wilderness trips build students' self-confidence.
- Masterpiece. Students display their artistic and creative works.
- Maximum 7 students per advisor, matched by shared interests
- Advisees meet six times per week with their advisor
- Advisors serve as advocates and mentors for students
Learning Strategies Program
- Nationally-acclaimed program, established over 25 years ago
- Students have personalized sessions with a Learning Strategies teacher
- Develops organizational skills, time management and study skills
- Up to 25% of student body may enroll