Planning for the 2020/2021 School Year
Dunn has devised a detailed plan to be able to safely reopen our campus and allow students to rejoin our community. We have also put in place a robust, high quality remote and/or hybrid learning model which is receiving great feedback from faculty, students, and parents.
We wholeheartedly thank Dunn parents, students, faculty and prospective families for your patience as we endeavor to make optimal decisions about the health and safety of our students and faculty under unprecedented and evolving circumstances.
During the past several months our COVID-19 task force planning has continuously aligned with expert medical advice and guidance from the CDC, the California Governor's COVID-19 Task Force, and the Santa Barbara County Public Health and Educational Offices.
The importance of whole student education has never been more clear. As always we are planning our classroom instruction and campus activities this year through this lens and are working to ensure that students remain intellectually, emotionally, and physically healthy.
Despite current challenges, one thing remains true - the Dunn community is a place where dedicated teachers will continue to inspire students to reach their fullest potential!
Following are several documents outlining COVID-19 related planning and information. Please check back periodically for updates. Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or concerns.
- November 5 Holiday Planning Meeting
- Reopening Plan - October 13, 2020
- DMS 6th Grade Reopening Plan
- 2020-2021 Calendars and Schedules
- August 13 Parent Webinar
- Dunn School Reopening Plan and FAQs - July 24, 2020
- Jul 17 Update on California's Pandemic Plan for Learning and Schools
- July 16 Letter to Parents Regarding Reopening in the Fall from Head of School
- Letter from the Teaching and Learning Task Force
- Letter from the Health & Safety / Student Life & Activities Task Force
- Letter from Facilities & Food Services Task Force
- Video from the Webinar on June 19, 2020