Dunn School Kitchen
Good food is an important part of the Dunn community. We are located in one of the most fertile agricultural areas in the nation, and as a result we enjoy fresh, local cuisine that is diverse, environmentally sustainable and tastes great!
The Dunn Kitchen provides three meals a day. The kitchen, operated by Flik Independent School Dining, has a mantra: Eat. Learn. Live. Led by Chef Nicole Ornelaz, the staff provides wholesome nutritious meals, prepared fresh from local ingredients when possible.
- Vegan and vegetarian offerings are always available, and menus reflect seasonal changes.
- A nutrition specialist is available to review menus, consult on individual eating habits, and provide nutrition education.
- Foods are prepared from whole fresh ingredients, limiting the use of processed foods and avoiding products containing artificial flavorings, M.S.G., preservatives and high levels of sodium.
- A variety of fruits and vegetables are offered daily. Local farmers practicing sustainable farming methods are utilized whenever possible.
- 100% fruit juice, low-fat milk and water are available daily.
- Seafood is purchased in accordance with the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch guidelines for sustainability.
In 2016, the Kitchen received a coveted 3-star Green Restaurant rating from the Green Restaurant Association— the highest rating in all of Santa Barbara County!
For more information about the Dunn School Kitchen, please contact the Dunn School Admissions Office: